The Emergency Departments at Memorial Health hospitals provide skilled, knowledgeable and experienced staff along with the latest technology to address healthcare emergencies. Our fast, quality healthcare is provided in an average door-to-door time of less than 2-1/2 hours, compared to a national average of approximately eight hours. Our Trauma and Emergency teams work closely with experienced local surgeons, physicians and specialists to provide patients with seamless care – from the moment you arrive through recovery.
- Chest Pain Center provides patients with heart attack symptoms with an EKG within 10 minutes, a completed physician evaluation within 25 minutes and (when necessary) start of a procedure to open blocked blood vessels in as little as 45 minutes.
- Level 1 Trauma Center
at Springfield Memorial Hospital in partnership with the Southern Illinois University Trauma Team provides highly rated care using local surgeons, physicians and nurses.
- Level II Trauma Center at Decatur Memorial Hospital is armed with advanced technology and a team of trained surgeons, physicians, nurses and medical staff.
- Helipads are located at all five of our hospitals to provide greater accessibility in situations where time is critical.
- Memorial Burn Center at Springfield Memorial Hospital remains the only dedicated burn center in downstate Illinois and one of only three such facilities in Illinois.
- Star 80 program teams up caregivers and physicians to open heart blockage in patients suffering heart attacks within 80 minutes, ten minutes less than the standard recommended by the American College of Cardiology.
- Stroke Center provides a dedicated Stroke Response Team that utilizes advanced digital imaging and instant, expert analysis.
- Integrated, online medical imaging services
provide high-speed expert interpretation of advanced X-rays. Includes a dedicated “speed-of-light” CAT scanner. On-staff radiologists are available to consult with physicians 24/7/365.