Each of Memorial Health’s five hospitals provides full-service laboratories offering a broad range of routine and specialty inpatient and outpatient services in the analysis of body fluids, cells and tissue. These services are directed by pathologists who are supported by highly educated technologists and technicians.
The Springfield Memorial Hospital Laboratory provides a clinical site for clinical laboratory science students from University of Illinois—Springfield and Illinois State University.
There are also two drive-through outpatient laboratories in Springfield for routine or newly ordered tests including blood draws, routine blood work, respiratory diagnostic testing (COVID-19, flu, strep or RSV) and at-home urine specimen collection (when ordered by doctor for drop-off).
Blood Bank: All blood products are received from Impact Life.
Accreditations and Certifications
- American Association of Blood Banks for Blood Bank Services
- American Society of Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics for Transplant Lab (SMH)
- College of American Pathologists
- The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act certificate from the Health Care Finance Administration (LMH)