In compliance with "Fair Patient Billing Act" concerning out-of-network providers, please be advised:
- You may receive separate bills for services provided by health care professionals affiliated with Memorial Health.
- Some healthcare professionals may not be participating providers in the same insurance plans and networks as Memorial.
- You may have a greater financial responsibility for services provided by healthcare professionals at Memorial who are not under contract with your health care plan.
- You should direct questions about coverage or benefit levels to your healthcare plan and certificate of coverage.
Memorial Health would further like to ensure that your hospital bills provide the following information:
- Date(s) of service (admit date and discharge date on front and back of your statements under Account Summary.)
- A brief description of service(s) provided. Please refer to back of your Memorial Health statement under Summary of Charges.
- Amount owed
- Billing questions
- Itemized bills are available upon request
- A statement that, if you are uninsured, you may be eligible for financial assistance under the terms and conditions the hospital offers to qualified patients.
If you would like to ask questions, dispute your account, request an itemized statement, need assistance in making payment arrangements or speak with a patient financial services representative by contacting a Memorial Health. For your convenience, you may also access your billing advocate online by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.