Our home nursing services are provided to individuals in the comfort of their own home. Whether you are recovering from injury, surgery or illness, our team of dedicated staff is available to help you through the healing process.
Home Nursing Services Team
Our nursing services are provided through:
- Registered Nurses - Provide and coordinate the care that patients receive. Registered nurses (RNs) provide a broad range of skilled nursing services, including administration of medications, IV therapy, dressing changes and monitoring of the patient's condition at home. Ongoing education is also provided to patients and caregivers.
- Licensed Practical Nurses - Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) work under the direction of the RNs providing skilled nursing services.
- Home Health Aides - State certified home health aides provide personal care by assisting with bathing, shaving, shampooing, and nail and skin care. They also assist with ambulation, range of motion exercises and dry dressing changes. Medicare will allow home health aide services if patients meet the eligibility requirements for home health and are receiving skilled care services. The number of home health aide visits an individual receives is dependent on the patient's plan of care and individual needs.
Home Nursing Services Eligibility Requirements
To receive home nursing services, individuals must meet the eligibility requirements for home health care. Eligibility requirements for home health care at Memorial Home Services are:
- You must live in Memorial Home Care service area.
- The services you need must be ordered by your physician. The frequency of home health visits are determined by patient need and physician order.
- Your condition must require the skills of a registered nurse or rehabilitative therapist.
- You must be confined to your home, or homebound. Homebound means that leaving your home is physically difficult for you.
Our staff is always available to assist and answer any questions you may have. If you have any questions regarding home health eligibility, call 217-788-4663 or 800-582-8667.