What is Social Work?
Social Work has many definitions. Social workers assess each patient’s unique situation and provide support and education as needed.
The goal of Memorial’s social work team is to help our patients and families navigate multiple stressors that impact the patient’s physical and emotional well-being. Memorial’s social work program is offered in the hospital and for Memorial Care patients.
Examples of services we provide:
- Providing Advance Directive information
- Comprehensive assessment of patient social needs and educating the healthcare team of these needs
- Educating patients and families on the roles of health care team members
- Educating patients on the different levels of health care and helping them navigate the health care system
- Arranging for resources/funds to finance medications, durable medical equipment and other needed services
- Assumes responsibility for the guardianship process
- Advocate for patient and family needs
What do I do next?
Click the “in this section” button at the top of the page to learn more about Care Management Services.
If you are interested in learning more about Memorial’s Social Work service, please call 217-788-3000.