All Memorial Health (MH) employees new to Workplace by Facebook must acknowledge they have read and understood this document by accepting the below terms and conditions at sign-up.
MH Workplace by Facebook service (the “Service”) is a tool you can use to communicate with other MH associates using social media. The Service is not connected in any way to your personal Facebook account.
MH is providing this Service to give our employees another avenue to communicate with each other. Workplace is not mandatory to use as part of your job. It is highly encouraged that you use this tool. If you opt to use the Service, you are agreeing to the terms listed in this document. Employees are expected to actively use this tool to send and receive internal communication via their MH computer. Downloading the complimentary Workplace and Workplace Chat mobile apps on employees’ personal devices is voluntary. Any use on a mobile device should be in compliance with the MH Mobile Device Policy, including but not limited to having a username and password on the mobile device.
Before you use this Service, read the full MH Workplace by Facebook policy. You may not use the Service in any way that violates applicable state or federal regulations, government requirements or MH Policies, Procedures and Code of Conduct. Misuse of the Service and/or violation of these Terms of Service is subject to corrective action up to and including termination from employment.
Do not use Workplace for discussing or posting any Protected Health Information (PHI), Highly Protected Health Information (HPHI), Personally Identifiable Information (PII), Payment Card Industry (PCI) information, or any additional patient information, regardless of intent of usage. This also includes photos and video clips, or sending messages, photos or video via Workplace Chat. Violations may result in disciplinary action, which may include suspension, restriction of access, or more severe penalties up to and including termination of employment, as documented in the People Division Corrective Action Policy. Where illegal activities are suspected, MHS may report such activities to the applicable authorities.
Privacy and Security policies include, but are not limited to:
a. Do not use the Service for discussion of patient information, even if it’s for patient care.
b. Never share your username and password with anyone. You are responsible for anything posted in your name.;
c. Ensure files are virus free before uploading them to the Service.
d. Never use the Service for illegal activity.
To ensure the Service is productive and safe for everyone, we have created basic rules all users must follow.
1. All users must be respectful of other users’ rights and opinions.
2. The Service should be used in a manner that protects the privacy and safety of our patients, our employees and our organization.
3. The Service is to be used by MHS employees only and intended for internal discussion related to business matters. It is not to be used for personal matters.
4. If you want to share information from the Service with someone outside of Memorial, you should have permission from the sender/poster before you do so.
If you upload information, images, documents and other material on the Service, you acknowledge you/MH have the right, or have been granted the right, by the owner of the material to use and publish the material through MH.
MH reserves the right to monitor and audit all data and activities on Workplace and Workplace Chat. All discussions and comments in Workplace and Workplace Chat are monitored in order to maintain compliance with MH policies and all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. MH reserves the right to monitor all data and activities (See MH Information Services–Acceptable Use Policy). Any subject matter or related documents subject to a legal hold notice (i.e., subject to a legal matter or litigation) shall not be discussed or posted using the Service.
MH encourages the users of the Service to express themselves and their point of view through the Service. However, the following types of language/information will not be allowed by the Service:
- Libelous, defamatory, derogatory, demeaning, malicious, abusive, offensive or hateful toward any individual or group (including competitors);
- Obscene, profane, pornographic or sexually explicit;
- Depicting graphic or gratuitous violence;
- Making threats of any kind or intimidating, harassing, bullying or showing disrespect for anyone;
- Violating the intellectual property or privacy of another; or
- Violating any company policy.
- Review the full MH Workplace for Facebook Policy. The Facebook terms and policies also apply to use of the Service.
MH reserves the right to change these Terms of Service at any time with or without notice. If you have questions concerning these Terms or a concern someone is violating these guidelines, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.