Nutrition can prevent and treat stroke, heart disease, cancer, high blood pressure, diabetes and cirrhosis (liver disease). Nutrition also helps manage high-risk pregnancies, gastrointestinal diseases, high cholesterol, high blood sugar and other conditions.
Our expert registered dietitians (RDs) will assess nutrition status and create a nutrition therapy plan that works with patient’s eating habits, lifestyle, budget and nutrient needs. Physician referrals required for individual appointments and group sessions.
Education and Counseling
Memorial’s RDs develop well-balanced nutrition and lifestyle goals individualized for patients with following conditions or needs:
- Weight management
- Heart disease and elevated lipids
- High blood pressure
- Celiac disease/Gluten intolerance
- Kidney disease
- Gastrointestinal disorders: irritable bowel syndrome, diverticulosis or Crohn’s
- Nutrition during pregnancy and lactation
- Unintentional weight loss
- General nutrition and disease prevention
To schedule a dietitian appointment, call 217-788-3948. A referral from a physician is required.