The Decatur Memorial Auxiliary Volunteers help DMH provide a quality patient experience and fulfill our mission to improve lives and build stronger communities through better health. Members volunteer throughout the hospital and also help raise money for different projects and programs that benefit patients and colleagues.
The DMH Auxiliary includes men and women, students and seniors, and individuals with a broad range of backgrounds. With flexible opportunities, volunteers help:
- Support patients in Hospice, the Emergency Department or Cancer Care
- Escort patients and visitors through DMH
- Staff the surgery waiting room and provide communications/support to waiting families
- Provide administrative support by delivering mail, packaging lab kits or assembling new patient packets
- Help plan and implement auxiliary fundraising events in support of DMH advancements
- Support engagement opportunities with the community and DMH colleagues