Ongoing education is a key element of Memorial's nursing practice, allowing our nursing team members to grow professionally and provide the best quality of care to our patients. We support our nurses throughout all phases of their professional development—from novice to expert.
We meet the professional development needs of nurses with these initiatives:
- Dedicated preceptor and mentor
- Individualized orientation
- Nurse Residency Program for all new graduate RNs
- Professional Nursing Advancement Ladder
- ANCC-provided continuing education contact hours
- Research and evidence-based practice courses
- Academic advising service
- Tuition reimbursement and educational grant programs
EDUCATIONAL AND FINANCIAL SUPPORT
We "grow our own" at Memorial by supporting our LPNs, nursing assistants, nursing technicians and unit clerks who are in school to achieve an RN degree. At Memorial, we offer one-to-one support to nursing staff enrolled in all forms and levels of nursing education.
We offer a variety of hospital experiences for nursing students. To inquire about clinical learning opportunities please contact: Karen Baur, DNP, MPH, RN, NE-BC Director, Professional Nursing Practice at 217-788-3707 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
As nurses seek higher degrees, they can apply for our tuition assistance and/or educational grant programs through our Workforce Development department. We also reimburse for specialty certification and recertification through our Foundation funds at each organization.