Health Cooking Class: Healthy Fats
9/27/2022 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Health classes can range from food as a prevention strategy to food as part of therapeutic treatment of a diagnosed condition.
Culinary Medicine classes involve preparing several recipes to learn basic culinary techniques while engaging in conversation related to the food-medicine connection. Participants taste the recipes the group has prepared and then set goals for using their new skills at home.
A healthy eating plan can include healthy fats and oils consistent with the Mediterranean Diet research. In this class, you will:
- Identify sources of healthy fats consistent with the Mediterranean style of eating.
- Compare plant oils related to their use in preparing food.
- Prepare a salad dressing recipe using a healthy oil.
- Cook a lean protein with ingredients to retain moisture and add flavor.
- Practice using a plant fat and nuts as alternative ingredients in a dessert or snack.
Call 217-788-3948 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Cost: Billed as Medical Nutrition Therapy and standard rates apply, will be a charge for food. If no coverage the max is $28 for a one hour group.