Drive-thru Lab (4th & Carpenter Street, Springfield):
When: Saturday, Nov. 6
Flu shot hours: 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Upon arrival on the dates/times above, remain in your vehicle and proceed to one of the open drive-thru lanes. Our colleagues will visit your vehicle to complete registration and administer your vaccine. To ensure a smooth process, make sure to come prepared by reading these <preparation instructions>.
What if none of the dates above work with my schedule?
While we encourage you to visit one of the locations listed above, we understand that conflicts happen. All of our Memorial Care clinics have flu vaccines available on-site. If you have an existing appointment scheduled, ask our team about receiving your flu shot during your office visit. Or <contact your provider’s office> to schedule your vaccination.
What should I prepare and/or bring to receive my flu shot?
Patients are asked to prepare for the following prior to arrival:
- To enhance the safety of our colleagues and patients, masks are required. Please come prepared with a mask to wear when you arrive for your vaccination.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing for easy carside access for vaccine administration. Note that vaccines are administered in the thigh for infants and small children; all other patients will receive the shot in the upper arm.
- Bring a valid photo ID and most recent insurance card.
- Please have an ink pen in your vehicle for completion of consent form, or print and complete it prior to arrival. Print consent form here.
- Parents/guardians of infants and small children: Please decide before you arrive whether your child will be most comfortable receiving the vaccine while secured in the car seat or on your lap. If you feel an exam bed is best for your infant or child, the drive-thru flu clinic is likely not the best option for you. Please call your physician’s office to schedule an in-office flu vaccination.
For more information, contact your provider’s office.