Appointments are required; no walk-ins are available. Educational materials will be available, including information on general breast health and how to perform breast self-exams.
To schedule an appointment, call the number listed below for a conveniently located hospital. The following hospitals will offer free mammograms:
- Decatur Memorial Hospital Breast Center, 302 W. Hay St., Ste. 117. Call 217-876-2320. (Funded by DMH Mammogram Initiative Program.)
- Jacksonville Memorial Hospital, 1600 W. Walnut St. Call 217-479-5696. (Funded by Mia Ware Foundation.)
- Lincoln Memorial Hospital, 200 Stahlhut Drive. Call 217-605-5108. (Funded by Lincoln Memorial Foundation.)
- Springfield Memorial Hospital, Baylis Medical Building at 747 N. Rutledge St. Call 217-757-4211. (Funded by Springfield Memorial Foundation.)
- Taylorville Memorial Hospital, 201 E. Pleasant St. Call 217-707-5550. (Funded by Taylorville Memorial Foundation.)
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The American Cancer Society recommends all women 40 years of age or older have screening mammograms annually. Breast cancer is the second-leading cause of cancer death among women in the United States.