Flu shots will be available from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 8, at the West Hay Medical Building, 304 W. Hay St., Decatur.
Appointments are required for the drive-thru clinic. To schedule an appointment, call your Memorial Care provider’s office.
Upon arrival, patients should remain in their vehicles and proceed to an open drive-thru lane. A Memorial Health employee will assist with completion of registration and will administer the vaccine.
“The simplest way to prevent the spread of influenza is to never get it in the first place, which is why I encourage everyone to get the flu vaccination now and to continue to take steps to prevent the spread of illness,” said Dr. Raj Govindaiah, senior vice president and chief physician executive of Memorial Health. “Everyone should get a flu shot, continue to wear a mask, wash your hands, social distance and stay home if you are sick.”
As additional preparation, patients are asked to do the following before arrival:
- Come prepared with a mask to wear.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing for easy carside access for vaccine administration. Note that vaccines are administered in the thigh for infants and small children; all other patients will receive the shot in the upper arm.
- Bring a valid photo ID and most recent insurance card.
In addition to the Decatur clinic, flu shots are available to the public at several other Memorial Health locations in central Illinois:
- 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 1, and Saturday, Nov. 5, at the Memorial Drive-Thru Lab, 320 E. Carpenter St., Springfield. No appointment is necessary.
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays at the Memorial Drive-Thru Lab, 2950 S. Sixth St., Springfield. Appointments are preferred. To schedule an appointment, visit vaccination.mhsil.com.
- 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 8, at Memorial Care in Jacksonville, 15 Founders Lane, on the campus of Jacksonville Memorial Hospital. No appointment necessary.
- 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 8, at Memorial Care in Lincoln, 515 N. College St. No appointment necessary.
- 8 a.m. to noon, Saturday, Oct. 15, at Memorial Care in Beardstown, 8460 St. Luke’s Drive. No appointment necessary.
For more information, visit memorial.health/flu-vaccination-clinics.