Our Wheelchair and Rehab Technology department features a wide variety of geriatric, bariatric and pediatric products. We work with many vendors so you have several options to choose from when selecting your equipment.
- Custom manual wheelchairs: positioning, recline, standing and tilt
- Custom power wheelchairs: positioning, powered seating and standing
- Custom seating and positioning systems: molded seating, positioning products and seat and back solutions
- Specialized bath equipment: rehab shower and commode chairs
- Customized and specialized equipment for pediatrics: assisted ambulation solutions, bath solutions, mobility solutions and toileting solutions
Upon receiving referral for mobility, our rehab staff conducts an equipment evaluation, along with a physical or occupational therapist. Together, the therapist and our staff will discuss your personal goals and lifestyle to determine your equipment needs.
Our staff may visit your home and provide a home safety assessment to make sure equipment will work safely and effectively within the confines of your home. From there, we make recommendations about the type of equipment that works best for you. Our staff will then discuss recommendations with you and work with your doctor and insurance company to ensure all requirements are met to get your equipment in an efficient and timely manner.
After your equipment arrives, we provide you with education on chair use, maintenance and safety. We can also provide home delivery of your equipment and conduct a home safety assessment as needed. We teach you how to maneuver equipment throughout your home and ensure continued safety.
Education and Certification
Memorial Home Care rehab specialists attend regular in-service training on products, communication and regulatory issues. We also have an on-staff assistive technology professional (ARP) certified by the Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America (RESNA).
Repair and Service Center
Our repair and service center staff are available to assist with minor and technical repairs to your equipment.